CORONAVIRUS – RE-OPENING OF OUR SHOP
With effect from Monday 22nd. June 2020, Our SHOP will re-open to customers DAILY (Monday to Saturday) as follows:
- For the time being, the shop’s hours of business will remain as at present:
Shop: 8am. to 2pm
Post Office: 9am. to 1pm.
We will progressively extend the opening hours as the situation allows.
- If you still would like an order delivered or made available for collection, please place all orders by 1000am.
Use the link below.
- Customers for the Post Office will be asked to queue to the RIGHT of the door and customers for the shop to the LEFT – the pavement will be marked to show 2 metre intervals; please observe appropriate social distancing.
- ONE Post Office customer and NOT MORE THAN TWO shop customers will be allowed in at any one time – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- IMPORTANT – All customers are required to use the hand sanitiser provided before entering the shop; masks would be welcome but are not mandatory.
- On entering the shop, please follow the one-way system clockwise round the shop without retracing your steps; if you miss something and need to return to a shelf that you have passed, please continue round the one-way system until you return to the shelf that you want.
- The floor will be marked with signs showing the one-way system and also 2-metre spacing marks – please maintain appropriate social distancing from other customers, staff and volunteers.
- As at present, please avoid using cash unless absolutely essential.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU BACK INTO THE SHOP – PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH OUR STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS AS THEY ADAPT TO THE NEW SYSTEMS.
People are still coming to the shop to collect orders well after shop closing time. This slows down the shop closure process and makes it more difficult for the staff to get away. Please ensure that you collect your order not later than 1pm.”
Welcome to Hinton St George’s Award-Winning
Community Shop & Post Office
Our SHOP is a Community owned venture known as Hinton St. George and Locality Rural Community Services Limited (HRCS). We are a ‘Registered Society’. Our SHOP is located in the high street of the village with ample parking outside the premises. We stock a huge range of products, many locally sourced, and an ever changing range of wines and spirits.
Fresh bread daily and vegetables & fruit in season.
Our prices are very competitive!
We are happy to take orders for home delivery and we already arrange hampers for many of the local rental properties.
What's New in Our Shop
For more News look under WHATS NEW?
Get in Touch
47 High Street, Hinton St. George, Somerset TA17 8SE
Call or email
Our SHOP regular opening hours
Sat: 8am–1pm; Sun: Closed
Post Office regular opening hours
Sat: 9am–1pm; Sun: Closed